- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Dry Rub for chicken ingredients layered in a glass jar.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large zip top bag and pour the seasoning over the chicken. Shake the chicken to coat.
- Transfer the chicken to the refrigerator (still in the bag) and marinade for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and arrange on a baking sheet lined with foil. Place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-30 minutes (or according to the chart above) until an instant read thermometer shows 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cover with foil. Rest the baked chicken breasts for 10 minutes.
- Sliced baked chicken breast being basted with a blue silicone basting brush on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 36 hours.
This article and recipe adapted from this site